Monday, January 6, 2014

long time no see

Helllllo everybody! I trust everyone has had a wonderful holiday season and happy new year!  While I haven't been very good about blogging lately, I have been fairly active on instagram and twitter.  Give me a follow, why dontcha? Or comment!

Nothing is more entertaining to me than "chatting" with you guys on IG and twitter. Consider this, while you enjoy your snow day or head back to work as I'm heading back to school today!

My break was pretty busy, shuffling back and forth between Austin and Houston to celebrate the holidays and taking care of wedding things.  Note - OH MY GOSH. I thought I was pretty well prepared for our wedding and then all of the sudden the world was like "HEY. You don't have enough going on with the holidays and starting your final semester of nursing school so let's load up the wedding crap, ok??"  I feel a bit like a chicken with my head cut off at the moment and have a sneaking suspicion that this feeling won't go away until March 8th (wedding).  Or April 25th (graduation). Or May whatever when I take my boards. OR EVER.

Breathe, Caitlin.

So you know what I didn't do a lot of over the holidays?  Work out.  I tried, sort of, if walking the dogs to Starbucks with your mom counts as exercise.  And with the exception of roughly 4 bottles of wine per week, my eating wasn't that terrible.


B's newest nickname for me is "lush."  Can't say I'm offended since it seems to be true!

But luckily this amazing blogging world has hooked me up with some pretty fantastic new friends and we're starting a link-up to keep each other (and you!) in check.



Make sure you come back on Friday for Follow Thru Fridays to share how you're staying on top of your goals.  Share your progress training for a race, staying on a diet, keeping your resolutions - whatever! They don't even have to be training related.  And if you're not a blogger you can still join in on the fun. Remember at the beginning of this post when I pimped out graciously shared my IG and twitter accounts? Well post there with the hashtag #FTF and we can check in on each other.  Hell, tag me in your post and then I'll have a little distraction from my mountains of studying!

Alright, time to get my larger-than-I'd-like booty to school.  Wish me luck on my last semester!

xoxo,
Cait

PS - Not quite ready to follow thru on your resolutions? Then just procrastinate a little more by checking out my co-hosts blogs.  Trust me, you'll love these ladies!


3 comments:

  1. it always seems like there is too much to do before a wedding... too many things left unpurchased, too many decorations to put out, too many details overlooked. And really, it's fine. You won't miss 90% of it. I promise. Focus on the important stuff (and school), it will all come together and be exactly what you want it to be.

    4 bottles of wine? You are a true champion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me when you need a study break and we can check out the wine bar in La Centerra SOOOOON! I want to hear about wedding stuff - it's still my favorite subject!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments, questions or ideas! I love hearing what you have to say. I respond by email when possible so make sure your account is set up!